Improve the developer onboarding experience
- In January, the Hiro docs team added the following sections to the Hiro Documentation site to improve product discovery and education:
- Overview of Stacks 2.1 Upgrades
- Feature Guides: Deployment Plans
- References: Hiro Archive and Stacks Connect
- Contributors Guide
Increase developer productivity
- Clarinet has an improved LSP completion capability which is a handy tool that suggests commands based on what you are typing. For example, the Clarinet VSCode plugin might suggest <code-rich-text>define-public<code-rich-text> when you start to type <code-rich-text>def<code-rich-text> in the editor. Additionally, the latest Clarinet release includes upgrades to the Clarity VM, Stacks 2.1 readiness and devnet stability. What does this mean for developers? You can experiment with Clarity 2 contracts in devnet and discover new Clarity commands as you go.
- We are working on new hosted offerings to improve the developer experience when creating, building and deploying Clarity contracts. If you’re interested in being an early adopter, please reach out on Discord via the HIRO-PUBLIC channels.
Empower developers as they scale
Stacks 2.1 Readiness
- The latest API release candidate (v7.0.0) is in Beta and includes Stacks 2.1 support (including a bug fix related to genesis sync).
- Clarinet 1.4.1 is 2.1 ready along with Explorer, Stacks.js and Hiro documentation.
- Subnets work has resumed with an updated Subnets contract to be compatible with Clarity2. The team also added a new trait for NFTs and FTs on the subnet which specifies a required name and signature for registering so the API will always know the correct name for the mint function.
More Bitcoin Support Across Hiro Products
Bitcoin Utility in API and Stacks.js
- Work is underway this quarter to introduce API endpoints for Bitcoin-related queries and a client library in Stacks.js to connect to Bitcoin Core RPC, which will enable STX to BTC address conversions, and vice versa.
For a full list of releases and improvements by product, please see: