- This month’s API releases include mempool stat queries, fixing issues around BNS, and some Stacks 2.1 preparations including STX-transfer event memo field, updating stacks.js to v4 in order to construct versioned-smart-contract transactions, and support for parsing new versioned-smart-contract transactions.
- We implemented mempool stat queries for counts, age (by block count), fees (simple average), and size. All are broken down by transaction type and percentiles (p25, p50, p75, p95).
- We have fixed a few issues concerning BNS namespaces, names, subdomains and zonefiles by optimizing tables and improving canonical treatment of BNS data.
- Visit the GitHub repo for an overview of PRs merged and issues closed in the past 30 days. Current stable release: v4.1.2 and the latest BETA release: v5.0.0-beta.6
- This month, Hiro is working towards code completion for the next major network upgrade. Be sure to check out our recent Twitter space discussing the latest updates on Subnets and the latest episode of Web3 Explained with Max and Sarala talking about scaling blockchains.
- In August, we shipped two minor fixes to Clarinet: CI failing due to vulnerabilities in dependencies and a fix for native LSP.
- Current release: Clarinet v0.33.0.
- Stacks.js saw improvements looking forward to the next major network upgrade, with an update to PoX-2 Stacking, adding new functions to @stacks/stacking, and adding coinbase pay to alt recipient.
- Visit the GitHub repo for an overview of PRs merged and issues closed in the past 30 days. Current release: v4.3.4.
- Stacks Explorer saw a number of updates this month such as: adding values for BTC and STX to the top right corner of the page, performance improvements that result in faster page loads, and the addition of principal validation to sandbox, among other things.
- Stacks Explorer is now displaying USD values for BTC and STX at the top right of every page:
- We’ve implemented performance improvements that remove almost all requests to the API from the server to the client, resulting in efficient client-side caching and faster page loads for users. We also added principal validation to sandbox:
- The final update we want to mention this month is that we have added fungible token images to the Explorer:
- Visit the GitHub repo for an overview of PRs merged and issues closed in the past 30 days. Current release: v1.40.1
That’s it for August. Have questions? Chat with us on Discord.