- 🥁 Drumroll please 🥁 we released a new native Rust-based NodeJS addon library, which includes decoding Clarity values, binary transaction blobs, post-condition binary blobs, Stacks address blobs, and more. We expect to see some big performance improvements for some workloads. (#873). We’ll share more details of implementation and the performance boosts later this quarter.
- Other improvements to the API last month included a fix to BNS download script (#1091), which makes it easier to download the BNS data to a specific directory, validation checks when subscribing to topics with socket.io (#1144), which reduces errors when listening to on-chain events, and increased test coverage for Rosetta (#1141).
- Visit the GitHub repo for an overview of PRs merged and issues closed in the past 30 days. Current release: v3.0.3 and v4.0.0-beta.
- Hyperchains hit a major milestone this month with the v1 of the hyperchains contract on testnet. This work includes updates to the Stacks indexer (#43) (important for handling forks in the hyperchain testnet prototype).
- On the blockchain front, we squashed a small bug in the mining algorithm that may result in big improvements to throughput. Last but not least, we submitted a SIP for consideration that proposes a way for Proof of Transfer to fuel future Bitcoin development.
- The latest Clarinet release includes a slick new costs table (thanks to community member lnow), improved dependency checking as well as various bug and documentation fixes. Shout out to the three community members who contributed to this release.
- Visit the GitHub repo for an overview of PRs merged and issues closed in the past 30 days. Current releases: Clarinet v0.29.0, clarity-repl 0.26.0, and clarity-lsp 0.7.1
- A lot of work went into supporting arbitrary message signing in the Stacks.js and Stacks.connect libraries this month (#1231). If you want to learn more about transaction signing with Stacks.js, check out this tutorial. Other work this month included continuing to reduce the “bundle sizes” of Stacks.js (#1229, #1214) and bug fixes for serializing/ deserializing multisig transactions (#1229).
- Visit the GitHub repo for an overview of PRs merged and issues closed in the past 30 days. Current release: v4.0.0.
- The Hiro Wallet team pushed out three releases in the past month as part of their ongoing efforts to ship smaller releases more often. Changes from the past month include an improved error page as well as updates to the create accounts and switch accounts menu options. We fixed a bug that was preventing people from signing out of their wallets. We have a few big features shipping in May, so stay tuned for that!
- Visit the GitHub repo for an overview of PRs merged and issues closed in the past 30 days. Current releases: web v3.7.2, desktop v4.6.1
- Improvements to the Explorer this month will make it easier for developers to use devnet and the sandbox feature. This is largely thanks to a major refactor (revamping network state management and data fetching mechanism) that will pave the way for future improvements we have planned. We also linked to the Stacks bug bounty program in the Explorer footer.
- Visit the GitHub repo for an overview of PRs merged and issues closed in the past 30 days. Current release: v1.19.1
That’s it for April. Have questions? Chat with us on Discord.