In addition to our Hiro-built and hosted APIs, we operate and host a few mission-critical services for our ecosystem, including (but not limited to) Bitcoin nodes, Seed nodes, Gaia storage, API. We have been operating these services at the stacks.co domain, and now as we revamp our infrastructure with new K8s clusters, this also is an excellent time for us to move them to the hiro.so domain and branding, to better reflect their status and ownership.
This domain migration will also impact explorer.stacks.so. The Explorer will migrate to explorer.hiro.so.
If you are a developer using our API, Clarinet or Stacks.js, you need to use our new home for the API: https://api.hiro.so/ when the service goes live at a soon-to-be-announced date in an upcoming post.
Seed Nodes and Boot Strap Nodes:
We are kicking off this migration with the seed nodes and miners on Testnet and Mainnet. Our Seed nodes will be planted in the new domain, the week of March 20, 2023.
These are the new homes for our Testnet and Mainnet seeds.
Testnet Stack Seed nodes:
Old URL : http://testnet.stacks.co:20443/
New Url: http://seed.testnet.hiro.so:20443/
Mainnet Stacks Seed nodes:
If you run a Stacks Blockchain node, these are the new bootstrap_node values:
If You Use the Explorer
the experience will be the same (or better!) as before. Traffic to explorer.stacks.so will simply redirect to explorer.hiro.so. Check out our release roundups for monthly updates on the latest improvements to the Stacks Explorer.
An Overview of Hiro's Migration Plan
Here's more detail on each service being migrated and their new homes:
- In the upcoming weeks, we will be migrating the remainder of our services across Testnet and Mainnet, starting with the API.
- In addition to the API, Hiro hosts a Registrar service at the centre of registration for subdomains like .id, .stx, and .btc. As part of Phase 3, we will migrate our Registrar services to their new homes.
- Hiro also hosts Gaia Hub, which is used as a decentralized storage layer across the Stacks ecosystem. We will also be migrating this at the tail end of this process.
- We will share the updated new homes and timelines for all these services as we begin to roll these new clusters out. We will redirect traffic from our current stacks.co and Blockstack.org to hiro.so.
We will notify our users ahead of each phase of the upcoming migration.
The following services will be redirected from their existing traffic destination for a service running on the old cluster (app.stacks.co or app.blockstack.org) to a service running on the new cluster (app.hiro.so) for a short time during each phase:
- API, Blockchain Pools, Explorer, Registrar, Gaia Hub
To continue using the following services domains, you will need to start using the new URLs. We will eventually decommission the old service domains.
Watch out for more updates from Hiro and if you have any questions, reach out to us on Discord or join the discussion on the Stacks forum.